Hi, I’m Bethany, and my life is full of joy with my two twin boys, Jesse and Tom. Even though I have two kids, I travel a lot (I’ve visited 43 countries so far!), and my lovely husband helps me with accomplishing my goals. Judging from my point of view – high chairs for babies bring pure relief.
When your kid is on this kind of chair, he can both play and sleep. With a high chair baby feels safe and satisfied! While your child is on a high chair, you can freely drink a cup of tea and have some time for your own. Your little one won’t fool around. With the aid of a baby high chair, kids will quickly get used to being independent. It sounds like a dream of every mom, right? You may ask me: ‘But how can I choose the best one?’. In this article, you’ll see the list of the best high chairs that your kids will surely like! Each product has a description of drawbacks and advantages to help you decide which high chair will suit your kid the most.
Top 15 Baby High Chairs For Traveling Moms
While I’ve been searching for the best high chairs, I’ve come across my favorite ones, and here is my pick for traveling moms. If you’ve been searching for the best high chairs for babies for years, my chart will help you choose the right one. Don’t hang around, just read my article, buy a high chair, and make your life easier!
1. Cosco Simple Fold High Chair with 3-Position Tray
A common question when you’re a mom: how to find the best high chairs for babies? If you purchase a Cosco chair, you’ll get a truly universal high chair that suits almost everyone. This model is made of soft and durable fabric. It can be used for babies with sensitive skin. Wonder if it’s right for your child? It’s great for children up to 50 pounds! It has a belt for smaller babies and a funny design. However, there is a drawback: you can’t remove the seat cover. Cosco chairs are high chairs that my friends` baby genuinely loves.
- Lightweight and small
- It’s put together
- Funny design
- Fabric is easy to clean
- Your baby slouches because this model can’t lean back for babies who can’t sit up
- Easy wipe seat makes all that baby goo simple to clean
- Folds flat and stands on its own, making it easy to hide away
- Compact fold great for taking on the go
2. Best Convertible High Chairs: Fisher-Price SpaceSaver High Chair
This high chair for baby saves space as it’s not heavy, bulky, and large. It just grows with your little one. It means that you can easily recline this high chair or convert it to any position you’ll like. It is also easy to wipe it: your little one can be as messy as he/she wants because the tray and the soft seat are spill-resistant and can be washed easily: in the dishwasher and washing machines. Besides, it’s one of the coolest high chairs for those moms who always store things behind the seat (as it has cool tray storage).
- Easy to assemble
- Compact size
- Easy to wash the pad and the seat
- A gap on both sides of the chair tray
- All the features of a full size high chair in half the space
- Infant high chair and toddler booster in one: Customize with 2 height adjustments and 3 recline positions
- Dishwasher safe seat, tray and bonus tray insert for easy cleanup
3. Best Rated High Chair: Graco Blossom 6 in 1 Convertible High Chair
Have you ever heard of Graco chairs that have six systems? Well, me neither! But Graco presented a high chair that has six different systems. It means that it can serve as an infant high chair with recline or just a simple chair for toddlers. You can lock the front wheels of this chair, as it helps to keep the chair still when your child is eating. Graco convertible high chair can also be used for babies who are only 3 years old. Also, I liked this baby high chair when scrolled down the reviews.
- The tray is adjustable
- Lots of configurations
- Comfy for babies
- Easy to clean
- Too bulky
- Wheels take up too much space
4. Baby 3 in 1 High Chair: Ingenuity SmartClean Trio Elite 3-in-1 High Chair
Easy to move with 360° wheels, Ingenuity SmartClean can be used for 2 kids at once. However, the process of cleaning is super easy! You can clean the seat pad and put the tray of the chair into the dishwasher; it’s easy for everyone. It’s the best high chair 2018, according to recent reviews. Well, I can’t disagree with that, because with this model, your little love is happy and secure. So this one is just great and can be transformed into three different chairs. It will be super comfortable for moms with two kids (I think Jesse and Tom would love them!). It’s a high chair for babies whose moms appreciate safety.
- Designed for two kids
- The seat pad is easy to clean
- Easy to fold it
- Tray connection is flimsy
- It has no height options
- Wipeable and washable design for easier cleaning
- Convert high chair to booster to toddler seat
- Harness keeps little one secure
5. Best Travel High Chair: Ciao! Baby Portable High Chair for Travel
As a traveler, I genuinely understand how hard it might sometimes be when your kids act up, and you’re running out of ideas of how to calm them down. You can not take your high chair on a journey because it’s too heavy. But I’ve got a solution from ciao! baby. This Ciao Baby high chair is portable (you can take it anywhere with you) and lightweight. My husband usually carries heavy things for me, but I can carry ciao chair myself because it doesn’t weigh much. It weighs only 8 lbs! This model of a baby chair is easy to take anywhere.
Moreover, it is great for three-years-old children. Want to travel with your babies happily and easily? Buy Ciao! Baby portable high chair right now!
- It’s quite portable
- You can clean it with ease
- It’s ready to use without any assembly required
- The tray area needs to be wiped
- The tray occasionally dips down towards the baby
- Tight leg area but it saves space
- PORTABLE HIGH CHAIR - Lightweight and flexible design unfolds easily, locks into place, and folds back up in seconds. No assembly required.
- DURABLE MATERIAL - Folding high chair is made of durable nylon and the tray is covered in clear vinyl that easily wipes clean with water. Additionally it features a built in cup holder for all of your baby’s needs.
- EASY TRANSPORT - An innovative, practical solution for families on the go! Portable enough for travel, picnics, camping, vacations, and/or tailgating. Keep one in your car or an extra at grandma’s house!
6. Travel High Chair for Babies: Summer Infant Pop and Sit Portable Booster
This baby trend high chair will surprise you because it has some secret features for you and your babies: dishwasher tray that detaches, crucial chair safety straps, and it weighs only 4.5 pounds. I bought these chairs to go on journeys with my babies, and now I’m really satisfied. They are extremely easy to use. Well, this is a cool high chair for a baby whose mom always has relocation vibes. And I am exactly that kind of mom! Moreover, it has a removable tray that helps you keep your kids’ food close to them. It also prevents them from crawling out of the chair, so be sure your kids are safe.
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t look the same as on the picture
- Lightweight, folding frame sets up in seconds, perfect for feeding or playtime
- Detachable, dishwasher safe tray (BPA free)
- Durable construction for indoor or outdoor use. Convenient carrying case makes this booster perfect for a day in the park, at the beach, or trip to a friends house
7. Best Wood High Chairs: Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair with Tray
You may wonder: ‘When can baby sit in a high chair?’. The answer is whenever he/she wants to! This high chair was designed for babies’ comfort; it can transform into any position. In this way, it’s suitable almost for all ages. It can be transformed in 20 seconds! But let’s talk about babies’ comfort. If you buy Abiie wooden chair, you’ll save up your money, as it can be used for many years. Many moms doubt a lot before purchasing a high chair, as it’s unclear whether they will use the same chairs for a long time. This one will serve for long! When it comes to Abiie high chairs baby will be satisfied!
- Adjustable tray
- For long term period
- Plastic tray cover
- It's wooden, and water/food is not good for wood
- EZ-Seat: The High chair can be transformed to any height position to use as a Toddlers chair or as a traditional dinning chair for all ages, all within less than 20 seconds! It's economical and instantly provides an extra chair to your home when needed. No tools needed for adjustment.
- Warranty: 3 year Manufacturer’s Warranty included with optional low cost 1/2/3 years extended protection plans.
- Dual Restraint System: The restraint system can be adjusted for a 5-point harness or a 3-point harness, keeping your loved one secure and comfortable.
8. Joovy Nook High Chair
Are you searching for baby trend high chairs? If you’re, then you are lucky to know about Joovy Nook high chair! You will probably like them, as they were designed to be practical. The tray has four adjustments. Even though Joovy is compact, your kid has lots of space sitting in this chair. Besides, you can wash the tray anywhere you want. However, mind that it has a 50 pounds weight limit, and it’ll be good for kids until they’re 5 years old. One thing to add. Joovy is not designed for really messy babies! But it’s the best high chair for lazy moms, who don’t want to assemble any parts.
- Does not have to be assembled
- Portably and comfy
- Your baby has room
- Hard to clean
- Removable swing open tray with 4 adjustable positions
- Easy clean-up, dishwasher-safe tray insert and leatherette seat wipes down easily
- Compact, one-hand, standing fold with carry handle
9. Peg Perego Siesta High Chair
Where are the best high chairs for babies? Ladies, look at this Peg Perego chair. It has a feature of full recline, I can probably call it the best baby high chair trend right away. The seat can recline to a full extent and give solace to your kid.
Moreover, it is adjustable to 9 different height positions. It’ll be great for children under the age of 4 or 5. It’s flexible and has great functionality. The only drawback I see is that it’s not mobile as the front wheels are stationary. Peg Perego chairs are high chairs for super active babies.
- Great functionality
- Has nine height positions
- Easy to use
- Not mobile
- Made In Italy. Comfort recline seat that fully reclines in the most comfortable resting angle for baby
- Five reclining seat positions; Nine different height positions; Footrest: Three-position, adjustable footrest.
- Easy to Clean: Eco-friendly leather upholstery is stain resistant, durable, easy to remove and can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. Inlcudes dishwasher-safe tray liner
10. Evenflo Convertible High Chair
The design is so cute! Cool high chair for baby boys and baby girls who want to be more independent. It can serve as a high chair for dining, ‘My Time Chair’ for acting like an adult (babies’ feet are placed on the ground) and also as a chair with a separate table for adults, which allows you to feed and play with the baby. It’s cool that it weighs only 11.6 pounds, so it will be ideal for kids whose weight is no more than 50 pounds. Evenflo is one of the best high chairs on the market, it’s a high chair your baby deserves!
- Seat pad wipes nice
- Can be used without the tray
- Washable seat (also removable)
- Has transitions from an infant to toddler
- Not for super active children
- Stacked to create a full-size high chair, Kindly look into the Video on how to use.
- When removed from the tabletop, time chair can be placed directly on the floor.Wipe seat pad clean with mild soap and warm water
- Baby grows to feed more independently, this offers a great environment for baby to dine and play independently
11. Baby Trend Sit Right High Chair
What brand produces comfortable high chairs for babies? Baby Trend does it! Baby Trend Sit Right high chair was designed for active babies. It provides safety while your kid eats so that you can remain calm. With this awesome price, you get three modes for the recline feature and six cool adjustments for height. Just be sure that with these features, your baby will feel the maximum comfort. I guarantee that these high chairs for babies will be a good choice.
- It has three positions seat recline
- Awesome price
- Height is adjustable
- Quite difficult to fold with one hand
- Tray table doesn’t latch very well
- For use by a child who can sit upright unassisted.
- Booster high chair has 6 height, and 3 recline adjustments
- Dishwasher safe tray has 3-positions, and operates with 1-hand
12. BabyBjorn High Chair
Have you ever seen or used Baby Bjorn high chair? This model was designed to provide the best safety for your child. BabyBjorn is ideal for kids who can sit up independently. Besides, it weighs only 12 pounds! My friends used this chair and told me that their children got used to eating independently only after they got this chair. It sounds like a fantasy, but I would really buy this chair if I knew about it earlier. Babybjorn is a high chair for babies who like exploring the world.
- Sturdy and really well-built
- Works great for toddlers
- Seats are easy to clean
- Stylish and simple
- Can seem to be too small
13. Inglesina Fast Table Chair
When can a baby start sitting in a high chair? Will it be secure? Yes. Inglesina, which provides the best high chairs from Italy, provides support for your babies when they’re between 6 and 36 months. It is also great for traveling moms, and a carry bag is there too. Its dining tray helps keep your baby’s food on the tray, so relax and don’t think about cleaning it all up.
- Carry bag is included
- Great for travelers
- Modern and soft
- Can be washed in machine
- Design flaws – hard to clean
- EASY & SECURE SETUP - Inglesina's Fast Table Chair fits tables up to 3.5" thick and is perfect for use at home or while traveling. The easy twist-tight coupling is fast and secure and gives your baby a seat at the table.
- PORTABLE, COLLAPSIBLE DESIGN - Complete with an integrated travel-friendly carry bag, the Fast Table Chair is easy to pack and always within reach.
- DURABLE & WASHABLE MATERIALS - Ideal for babies & toddlers between 6 and 36 months, and up to 37 pounds, the durable & washable design ensures this product will serve for years.
14. Best Baby High Chair 2019: Boon Flair Highchair
Probably the best high chair 2019 because of its unique design and endless features and possibilities. Boon is a leading innovator in creating infant and toddler products, which are the most extraordinary here on the market. Do you wonder whether these high chairs will be good for your kid? Just read its features! As you may notice, it has a stable base.
Moreover, it can glide smoothly in all directions (to be fair, I’ve never seen a high chair like this one) and fits under all tables possible. The chair swivels, however, the top seat cannot swivel (for security purposes). After all, it’s just great for active babies!
- Stable base can glide in all directions
- Safe design
- Rolling chair
- High quality
- Can’t be folded
15. Graco DuoDiner LX High Chair
We all know that Graco exists for more than 60 years. Graco founders wanted to make an intuitive design that will be practical for all moms. And here I will tell you about Graco DuoDiner. It is a 3-in-1 convertible chair and has super great functions. It can be called the best high chair small spaces because small spaces are not an obstacle for it. This Graco model can be converted to a booster baby seat and provides maximum back support for your baby. Moreover, it is the best high chair 2017, according to the reviews I’ve read on the Internet.
- Good quality
- Big tray
- The seat is easy to wipe
- Has multiple heights options
- The cushion has to be washed as it's impossible to wipe it
Here is some important information to know about high chairs. I’ve gathered the top three facts that are crucial to know.
Not only parents are worried about this question. Probably all family members think about it. We all strive to make our babies sit as soon as we can, to hold their little hands and to ride a bicycle with them. However, everything has its time. That is the reason why you should not rush. The baby’s readiness and willingness to sit up comes when they are around six months old (their skeletal and muscle system is usually ready when they’re at this age). But mind that I told you the average number, as each child is individual. It depends on the baby’s activity and its ability to develop.
Moreover, it depends on its weight. When can babies sit on a high chair? Well, the answer is when they are about eight months. What’s more, your child has to have the most convenient and flexible baby high chair that will fit him or her. All babies are different, and it’s super good to know when your baby should start using a high chair. Most doctors recommend to wait until your child is 6 months old, but as a mom, make sure that your little one is ready. No one else knows your kid more than you, so it’s up to you to decide.
In the past, I didn’t know how to clean a baby high chair. I didn’t even know how to pick the best high chairs for my lovely twins! But now I can call myself an experienced mom, and I will tell you some life hacks about cleaning a high chair. You have lots of choices: you can use non-toxic, safe wipes, dish detergent with hot soapy water, or a spray. Firstly, you spray it down and remove the tray, and then you wash it in the sink. If the seat is messy too, spray the seat and wipe it down. Make sure you get underneath the arms because children like to stick their fingers there. Also, wipe down the legs and the bottom thoroughly.
I’ve been through it. My kids didn’t want to sit up in their high chairs; they would always crawl and try to stand up and get out. Well, there are some reasons. He may feel uncomfortable sitting in his chair. If he’s always acting up in the chair, think about purchasing a better one or feeding him on your lap. The second reason is that he might not be hungry, and you’re trying to make a feeding schedule strict. He might hate these times when you do that. Try not to force your kid to eat. Just read some articles about signals which indicate that babies are hungry. The third, most unusual reason is that he might feel lonely. He might want to communicate with you. My kids sit in their high chairs more readily when all of our family members have dinner together. Besides, your child can be bored!
Final Thoughts on Choosing the Best High Chair For Your Child
Today we’re talking about high chairs. So normally when you think about what features you want to see in a high chair, you’re thinking about practical stuff. So if you’re interested in a 6-in-1 seating system, that’s Graco high chairs. They’re great sturdy chairs with front wheels locking system. If you’re into safety, BabyBjorn will be your choice. It is well-built and works great for toddlers too. My friend said that this chair helped her children eat on their own!
Well, I’m one of those moms who are a bit lazy about doing boring house chores, including cleaning the high chairs. That’s why I tend to choose those that do not require a lot of effort in cleaning. You know, Fisher-Price is that kind of a chair. As I’ve already said, its tray and seat are spill-resistant and can be washed in the dishwasher or washing machine. If you’re looking for a high chair that is flexible and has great functionality, that’s Peg Perego I’ve mentioned above. It can be adjusted to nine different height positions. Though, it won’t be good if you’re on a tight budget.
As for my experience, I’ve always known that there are several types of high chairs, but the most popular ones are dining chairs and so-called ‘transformers.’ Safety of my babies has always been a top priority for me, that’s why I drew my attention to safety belts. The size of the table is also important because the bigger it is, the more it can hold. I guarantee that your baby will be happy if he gets more room for playing games he likes!
Moreover, the height should be adjustable (but it’s just my opinion!). I want my babies to participate in our family’s gatherings and dinners, so I adjust their chairs to the size of our table. Besides, if your child can’t sit on his own,the back of the chair needs to recline. After lunch, your baby may want to sleep, so it’s better to adjust the back and provide maximum comfort for your little one!
So here’s what I recommend you to do. Think for at least a couple of days before purchasing a high chair, your baby’s need, his level of activity, and about the space he needs. Think about the support your baby will need and choose the best chair possible.
By the way, I have some questions for you. How do you usually choose products for your babies? What criteria are you using to choose the best high chairs? Please share your experience in the comments below!